Snoring & Sleep Apnea
Snoring and Sleep Apnea
Dr. Myers is one of the few dentists in the nation who is a member of the Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine.
Your physician may prescribe oral appliance therapy for other medical conditions such as sleep apnea. Dr. Myers works in conjunction with sleep disorder clinics to provide nonsurgical treatment for patients with these problems. Prior to Dentistry, Dr. Myers was a Respiratory Therapist who has experience working with Sleep Lab Testing Results.
A dental appliance for treatment for snoring is a simple two piece appliance that repositions the jaw and throat tissue so that airway space is greatly increased. The improved airflow reduces and often eliminates snoring thereby allowing a more restful sleep. The positioner snaps easily over both upper and lower teeth and is highly effective.
If you answer "yes" to any of the following questions, you may be a candidate for oral appliance therapy:
- My snoring affects my relationship with my bed partner
- My snoring is loud
- I have made previous attempts to fix my snoring
- My snoring affects people when I am sleeping away from home (i.e. hotel, camping, hunting, etc)
- I fall asleep easily while watching television
- I fall asleep easily while sitting or reading
If you have any questions regarding sleep apnea, snoring or oral appliance therapy, please contact our office and we will be happy to answer your questions.